Friday, March 28, 2014

Room 13's Personification Poems

We learned  last week as well as earlier in this week about how to write a personification poems.  We have been working hard to make them! Look at our great work!

"Thoughts of an Eraser"
Hi!
It's awful what they do to me
They use me to erase black marks
Then I get all dirty.

Oh,
someone help me
I want someone
to use me carefully
It really hurts

If they would just listen to me
leave me alone and use something else
Oh, someone help me
PLEASE!

-Emma N.

"The Chair"
My friend
the couch
he's living it good
he sits there for free
he sometimes watches T.V.

Me, on the other hand,
put up on desks
smushed together by bags and coats

The good thing is I'm used here and there
Yeah, you heard me,
I'm a talking chair.

-John

"Desk"
Am I important to you?
or not, I don't know!
I hold things you need to do
and sometimes things you need

I feel sad
when I'm written on
or messy inside
I wish I had
a mouth to shout!
or plead for you to clean me out!

I'd like for you
to change things
that are inside and outside
so I can be happy
not nappy.

When you put things inside me
remember where they are
So when you take things out again
and put them back in
you put it where they should be

Thank you!
Your Desk

-Shanna

"Desk"
I always hold supplies that they don't need
there are books that they don't even read
they fill me up with so much stuff

You always fill me with junk
and all kinds of bad gunk
I wish they always kept me neat
there are a lot of ripped sheets

Inside me you'll find a mess
there are a lot of things I wish I have less
I wish my owner would notice me
some day.

-Nihara

"What Goes Through a Fork's Brain"
You make me grab food
when I'm not in the mood
and kidnap it,
to put it in your mouth,
and the food goes deep down south!

I feel like a criminal,
and that I do everything wrong,
and I'm bigger and badder than King Kong.
I'll admit though, I am pretty long.

Though I am pretty happy,
when the dishwasher makes me clean
after all, that's the only time,
you don't make me feel mean
Then after I can be with my friends
and I feel like the fun never ends!

Before you go please listen to me,
don't make me grab when I'm also curved
to scoop gently.
Now, good-bye!

-Ravin

No comments:

Post a Comment